MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom iPhone App For MyBB - Need Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a quick preview of a custom MyBB App, my site is working on. I don't know if the source code will be released, unless I get many requests. (Just Reply Here)

I want to see any suggestions, you can provide me. Also the site obviously has MyBBGM as well, and MyShoutbox. It does work pretty nice with MyBBGM, so it is required.

For now, jailbroken devices are needed for testing it.

Current List of features:
  • Full Support for Retina Displays (iPhone 4, iPad Coming Soon)
  • HomeScreen with Quick Access to some Features
  • Info Screen with information your forum
  • Affiliates Screen with a list of useful cydia sources
    (get me as much useful sources as you can and ill add them !!)
    (this list is synched with the server on app start and is also available when there is no internet connection)
  • LinksScreen with a list of useful links
    (This list is synced on app start and is also available when there is no internet connection)
  • TwitterScreen with a list of the most recent tweets (newest 200)
    (This list is synced on app start and is also available when there is no internet connection)
  • DonateScreen with easy way to donate to the forum
  • GroupsScreen with information about the usergroups, how to join them and so on.
  • ChatScreen with access to the forums shoutbox
  • Recents is just a link to the browser that directly fires up the recent posts
  • BrowserView to browse the site
  • GuideScreen that displays all guides/tutorials from your forum
    (Syncs on app start and is even available when there is no internet connection.)

Upcoming Features
  • WallpaperScreen to display many wallpapers (or collected wallpapers) That can be viewed and saved to camera roll to be used as wallpaper on your device!
  • RSS Screen that lists the most important forum stuff. (News, Announcements, New Releases, etc.)
  • Push Notifications for Subscriptions and RSS

Planned Features
  • SettingsScreen where you can save forums username and password so the app can log you in automatically on app start up even when cookies got deleted

This version is currently optimized for iPhone usage, but i hope to have the iPad version done ASAP.

Screenshots:

[Image: preview1o.jpg]
[Image: preview2bg.jpg][Image: preview2bg2.jpg][Image: preview3l.jpg]
What is it exactly?
What's the app name/repo? I'll test it for you Smile
One question: is it multiforum? It would be completely sweet if you could have a homescreen with a bunch of different forums to choose from.
Where's the Android version Big Grin looks nice and well done.
interesting ! look like better seem iphone and look cellphone Smile
Uhh I'm pretty sure he means the app is only for his website and his website only.
(2011-04-28, 05:43 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Uhh I'm pretty sure he means the app is only for his website and his website only.

his have websites, I notice it on app I understand I look observed it app!
(2011-04-28, 05:51 AM)smithtrd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-28, 05:43 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Uhh I'm pretty sure he means the app is only for his website and his website only.

his have websites, I notice it on app I understand I look observed it app!

English..?
hard to you understand I know I have native language I am translate hard to explain to you!
not sure pretty many people told me call me I am wonder native language !
Please question to me redo clear
let know me
Pages: 1 2