MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Who's Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, how could I edit this:

X users active in the past 15 minutes (X members, X of whom are invisible, and X guests).

So that it would say in the past 15 minutes, but in truth show for the last 60 minutes?
do you want to set caching time to 60 minute ..?
if yes ..
go ACP>Board Setting>Who's Online change Cut-off Time
I want to show who was online in the last 60 minutes instead of 15, but at the same time the text should say in the past 15 minutes
So basically you want to fool visitors into thinking that your forum is more active than it really is ?

Just as a matter of interest, why do you want to do this ? I just never understand why forum admins what to display fake statistics, it just never does a form any good. Maybe theres another reason you want to do this.
I want to do it, because of all my 300 members, it would look more active if just about 3 of them were online (they're bots).

It increases the feeling of activity.
ACP > Configurations > Who's Online > and enter "60" (without quotes) if you want to show users from past hour in "Cut-off Time (mins)" option field.

Now Go to: ./inc/languages/english/index.lang.php and find;
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
and Change it to;
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past 15 minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
(2011-04-26, 01:09 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configurations > Who's Online > and enter "60" (without quotes) if you want to show users from past hour in "Cut-off Time (mins)" option field.

Now Go to: ./inc/languages/english/index.lang.php and find;
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
and Change it to;
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past 15 minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";

Thank you, this worked.

~Solved
This indeed worked thanks!