MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: JAWS/Reader Assistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The forum I have set up will have a fairly large number of folks with vision impairments ranging from mild to severe. Some of these folks use some form of screen reader application.
It's come to my attention that some with some of the people the forum cannot be read with their reader. I've suggested they use Ctrl + to enlarge the type.
The forum is here; http://vasvw.org/forum , and the layout primary orange color is the organization's logo color so it's carried through the forum. I'm working, albeit slowly, on changing some of the other colors and the text field seems reasonable to me and maybe it's a matter of enlarging the defaut font size.

Has anyone else run into this situation and what was the fix?
Umm, do you have more details about the issue? I've never used a screen reader or have one(have a feeling many others here haven't either).

Is it happening with just JAWS or all screen readers?
(2011-04-26, 03:31 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Umm, do you have more details about the issue? I've never used a screen reader or have one(have a feeling many others here haven't either).

Is it happening with just JAWS or all screen readers?

Well, I do not have anything other than one of the members is blind and cannot access the forum using his screen reader program. I've sent an email to find out which one he is using.
As to whether or not it's JAWS alone or others as well I cannot say. Not only is forum administration new to me so is the screen reader issue.
I kind of figured this would be an unusual situation but I'm hoping someone has had some experience with it.