MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge corrupted my database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have ipb2.3.5 forum
when i tried to use merge
my database encode corrupted
my ipb database appears undefined char
what can i do ??
thanks
The merge system doesn't write any data or make any changes to the source database. If your IPB database is corrupted, it isn't from the merge system.
(2011-04-26, 10:26 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system doesn't write any data or make any changes to the source database. If your IPB database is corrupted, it isn't from the merge system.

I confirm 1st post! Why you not try?
Try this!
Backup your database from your MyBB (even in this proces Merge something put to wrong directly in MyBB Admincp) and install fresh MyBB!
Well, now import database from Merge in new MyBB. ok.
Now, go to Rebuild and Recount and click GO (second!) and what you see after click is "product" after importing any database in MyBB with Merge.
And in Permission have some "loop" effect which I don't know what is that and how can resolve all of this bugs or some errors only when import with Merge.
Try and then tell us whats happening with some commands in MyBB in AdminCP.

Solution for some weird characters is - not click UTF-8 (1st yes, second-No, unclick!) and try...
Thats in MyBB, not in IPB. As stated above, this does not modify your IPB database in any way.

Also, I cannot really understand your whole message. Can you please try and post a better translation.
(2011-04-27, 03:35 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Thats in MyBB, not in IPB. As stated above, this does not modify your IPB database in any way.

Also, I cannot really understand your whole message. Can you please try and post a better translation.

OK. When trying to importingr any of Databases with Merge, means it does not matter whether it's Databases from IPB, SMF, MyBB, etc. do the same again on something directly in MyBB, change some functions in AdminCP! Here now were associated relation Merge> MyBB. From the moment when the imports any Databases in MyBB (whether it is already installed or with a completely fresh install) with Merge, something does occur in internal controls MyBB (after importing)!
I do not know what happened but I know and see what happens (when it is already imported in the database MyBB) directly into "Tools & Maintenance" > "Recount& Rebuild" > "Rebuild Forum Counters" > on click "GO" (in AdminCP).
Picture confirm what is happening.
So, when you click on the GO, we get what we see in the picture. And such things take place indefinitely-infinity without any final effect. Something is definitely wrong with the connection Merge> MyBB, what it would need to examine more accurately and to correct it.

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/attachment2.png/

Understand now?Sleepy
really i don't understand
(2011-04-29, 03:48 PM)hendokasha Wrote: [ -> ]really i don't understand

1.Install new copy MyBB on your server
2.After install, go to AdminCP/"Tools & Maintenance" > "Recount& Rebuild" > "Rebuild Forum Counters" > on click "GO"(on all) Well, everything is ok. for now..

3.Import yor database with MERGE! >any<
4.when you finish importing, go to > AdminCP/"Tools & Maintenance" > "Recount& Rebuild" > "Rebuild Forum Counters" > click "GO"> (click on second rebuilding command)>

aaaaaaaaaaaaand......
What You see now???? (Look picture)

ok?
If you not understand even now, I can not help you, ... sorry.
Ok, I see we're having language issues here Smile I thought you were posting with the same problem, but you were trying to help.

@OP:

Make sure you select the proper database table encoding (as stated by phpMyAdmin) for your IPB database when you set your db details at start of merge. Also try both with and w/out the UTF8 conversion.
this what happen after these steps
no Arabic
also topics
Ok, thats more clear.

What is happening is that you are not choosing the proper table encoding during the first step of the merge. When you choose your database details, there is a dropdown box for selecting the table encoding of your old database. This option must be set correctly in order for the merge system to properly make use of the convert to UTF-8 functions.
Pages: 1 2