MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PS3 users: PSN hacked and your info stolen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Based on Son'ys Blog, its starting to look like the PSN outage is due to an external breach and most (77 million of us) user's personal information was stolen. This info includes

Full Name
Date of Birth
Username
Password
Address
Email Address

and there is the possibility that your "Wallet" credit card information was obtained. Supposedly there is no evidence of this yet, but it is possible.

I have already gone and changed the password to my email address as well as any other sites I use that have the same email/password combination. I suggest that if you have a PSN account, you do the same
/facepalm

Sony really messed up this time, I'm sure glad I don't own a PS3.
Thanks for Informing pavemen.
PS3 is going to get sued pretty bad, I don't see how they'll get out of this one.
(2011-04-27, 12:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]PS3 is going to get sued pretty bad, I don't see how they'll get out of this one.

Maybe they should have spent less time suing that guy for creating custom firmware, and more time worrying about people who are actually trying to bring harm to their company.
[Image: 8bb016e106pVkyn.png-500x295.png]
(2011-04-27, 12:31 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-27, 12:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]PS3 is going to get sued pretty bad, I don't see how they'll get out of this one.

Maybe they should have spent less time suing that guy for creating custom firmware, and more time worrying about people who are actually trying to bring harm to their company.

Their suing him has actually caused most of the problems - the hacker group Anonomous basically declared war because of it. They did not cause this intrusion though.
Is this true?? Man, I'm worried now. Undecided
My email been changed, i haven't been on psn for months now :/ But they really did mess up this time. There are already videos on youtube of people b*tching about it.

(2011-04-27, 01:19 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 8bb016e106pVkyn.png-500x295.png]

Lol.
Just read Sony's blog... Well, that's awesome, right? -.-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9