MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys, I need your help again as I am hoping to launch my new front end to my site tonight.

The first one is, I have several pages I have created in page manager and I want to know how to make so if someone uses the search function then it searches the pages as well as the forums.

Is it possible?

Second issue, in the footer of my portal I have this:

div class="tmlatestthreads">
                <h2><span>Latest from <a href="/index.php">the forum</a></span></h2>

{$threadlist}

</div>

This works on the portal, however in any other pages I create it does not work at all. all I get is the actual text "{$threadlist}"

How do I get it to actually display the threads on the other pages?

Thanks in advance guys n girls
(2011-04-27, 08:08 PM)Techmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys, I need your help again as I am hoping to launch my new front end to my site tonight.

The first one is, I have several pages I have created in page manager and I want to know how to make so if someone uses the search function then it searches the pages as well as the forums.

Is it possible?
I think it will search those pages as well. If you added
require_once "./global.php";
line at the top of the page (but below <?php tag) then it'll include in the searching as well.

(2011-04-27, 08:08 PM)Techmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Second issue, in the footer of my portal I have this:

div class="tmlatestthreads">
                <h2><span>Latest from <a href="/index.php">the forum</a></span></h2>

{$threadlist}

</div>

This works on the portal, however in any other pages I create it does not work at all. all I get is the actual text "{$threadlist}"

How do I get it to actually display the threads on the other pages?

Thanks in advance guys n girls

Because its not evaluating on other pages other then portal.php. You've to edit those other pages as well in order to work.
Thanks again for the replies yaldaram, but I am afraid I just need a little more clarification on what you mean for both these things?

You can see the site live now at www.techmonkeys.co.uk

However I have added

<?php 
require_once "./global.php"; 
?> 

In to the services page within the <body> tag, but if you search for the word "virtualisation" which is used on the body page you get no results.

Also I am not sure what you mean with regards to the Threadlist problem? in what way do you mean I have to edit the other pages? is there something I am missing?