MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing threads from a spreadsheet or csv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
I am real new to setting up BBs. After a long search and plenty of research I chose MyBB. So far I am very happy. I am setting up a BB for a group of about 150 people, partly to act as a reference area.
I have a 'category' with multiple 'forums', lets say 10 forums. In each of these 10 forums I am wanting to add many threads, say about 100 each (then totaling ~1000). All the data for these threads I have in a spreadsheet, the Subject would be a date, then I have location and details about each of these dates which I wish to add as the Message.

I am wanting to know if there is a way for me to import all of these threads without having to do it manually?

Much help for any assistance

Regards
Richie
Is there perhaps a way that I can back up the "MySQL" database and duplicate (and then modify with preformatted data) a test thread? And then restore the DB. Or do all the threads have unique identifiers which link in with other tables which make this impossible?

If it just ain't possible to do what I am asking, please let me know so I stop wasting my time

Much thanks again

Richie