MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the most popular Points plugin for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So what do you think it is? Which do you use?

I'm going to be adding support for a points plugin for my MyHosting plugin but not sure which one(s) to add. I've gotten a request for NewPoints but not sure which is the most popular.

Let me know! Big Grin
NewPoints.
(2011-04-28, 09:22 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]NewPoints.

This.
Newpoints is the most popular, barely anyone uses MyPS. (Even though it's pretty good)
Again another vote for the Newpoints system.
Good times! How's the development and support on this? Pretty active? Do you expect it to be around for a while and updated to the next version of MyBB? If so I won't really focus on any other point systems if this is the defacto choice these days.
(2011-04-28, 09:42 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Good times! How's the development and support on this? Pretty active? Do you expect it to be around for a while and updated to the next version of MyBB? If so I won't really focus on any other point systems if this is the defacto choice these days.

You'll have to ask Pirata Nervo about that. I think he would.
Newpoints is by far the best. It's pretty actively developed too.
(2011-04-28, 09:33 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Newpoints is the most popular, barely anyone uses MyPS. (Even though it's pretty good)

MyPS is a 1.2 port, with a known security hole.
(2011-04-28, 09:42 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Good times! How's the development and support on this? Pretty active? Do you expect it to be around for a while and updated to the next version of MyBB? If so I won't really focus on any other point systems if this is the defacto choice these days.

Yeah, it's probably Pirata's most popular plugin so I wouldn't think he'd just scrap it like that.
Pages: 1 2 3