MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goodbye Spammer (0.1.2) Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am running mybb 1.6.3,

I am using Goodbye Spammer (0.1.2) that can be found here
http://mods.mybb.com/view/goodbye-spammer

I've found a bug while using that tool on a spammer.

A member has reported a post made by the spammer but I didn't read it and ran the goodbye spammer tool on the spammer.

Strangely MyBB "warning" about unread report stayed there. To get rid of it I had to rebuild reportedposts cache via Cache Manager in ACP tools.

MattRogowski please fix this bug.
Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
NewEraCracker.
Thanks for reporting this, I've already fixed this on my local copy, just got one or two other things to fix and then I can release the update Smile
Any update on this? I just downloaded the plugin and it has the bug.

What I do is open the spammer profiles in another window, manually clear the reported posts, then use goodbye spammer.
Hmmz, seems I still haven't released the new version... could have sworn I'd release a new version with this fixed Undecided

In ./inc/plugins/goodbyespammer.php, line 406:

log_moderator_action(array(), $lang->sprintf($lang->goodbyespammer_modlog, htmlspecialchars_uni($user['username'])));

(It's all only line in the file, may break onto a new line here).

Before this, add:

$cache->update_reportedposts();

That should fix it.

Sorry about that!! Smile
Hi, can you also fix a bug in ACP. There seems to a problem in the template and I think only your plugin would modify that specific template.

member_profile_adminoptions

[Image: ceIGV.png]
^ please see the response by staff here : The Master Templates have been altered
Bah, I'd forgotten about that. OK, I'll release a patched version today.

Edit: Actually, Goodbye Spammer edits the member_profile_modoptions template, not member_profile_adminoptions, follow the steps linked to above and you'll be fine.
Oh sorry about mistake. Thanks for the update.