MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some New Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a Merge-tool built for my purposes but I believe it might work for everyone. This tool will basically compare 2 user-records and have the admin be able to choose the value that will be used as a 'master' from either record....so you can basically pick and choose the values that will be used in the 'master'-record. Once the values have been chosen, the posts/polls/threads of the 'master'-record will be linked to the 'target'-record and the 'master'-record will be deleted.

This tool will also build the merge-form dynamically so it will take all values from the USER-table (except primarykey I think) and ALL fields from USERFIELDS-table. If you add a new field in the userfields-table, it will automatically also be added to this merge-form.

This tool will be created I believe in the next couple of weeks.

Now I have a couple of questions.

1) Can you think of anything else I should keep in mind when doing the merge? User-table, Userfields-table, posts, threads, polls? Anything else??

2) Is there interest within MyBB-team to have this code and perhaps include in future releases?

3) If there is no interest by MyBB, is there interest amongst the community at large to take the code and add the necessary installers and admin-menu changes to turn it into a eMod?

cheers,
Kimmo

PS. I am curious to know to what level are there changes to the calendar in 1.2? I have a ecommerce-module already implemented but I would like to link registrations to events from the calendar to that as well....but I need to know if the Calendar will be able to handle as complex events as ours.
I'm up for the merge tool - would make it 100% better than it currently is.

In regards to the calendar, it still only supports single day events at the moment - though a bit of research has gone in to adding support for recurring events, ranged events etc. (It probably won't be in 1.2, but hopefully 1.4 and in between then we'll release the file for extended testing/public use)