MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB wikiepdia article deleted... AGAIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
They even want to delete the vB article... lol
>SMF Page
>References
9/12 link to their own website

Yet, these morons won't allow MyBB to have a page because of lack of "notability". Apparently an interview, not even related to SMF [YaBB] on sitepoint and a link to FSR is sufficient "external sources". The crap floating around here has an unmaskable stench.

Now, I'm not saying they're biased or whatever, but this is retarded (please excuse my language, this is the lesser extent of my current feelings towards these derpheads). This is what happens when you let freaking everyone run the damn place based on their interpretation of the "rules". Grr.
My only thought reading the discussion about this page: Christ, Wikipedia is managed entirely by angry, bitter nerds. The argument that MyBB isn't notable simply because its coverage doesn't conform to Wikipedia's ridiculously rigid standards is absurd. Who gives a crap about cnet?

There's articles on Wikipedia about individual Naruto episodes. Come on.
I wish Wikimedia's offices were still located around the corner from me, I would pay them a visit. Sad
It is indeed unfortunate to have to fight this battle yet again... given our attempts to reason with them failed we are going to try a few things in the hope of getting coverage of MyBB from notable sources by wikipedia's standards.

At the very least we would get some promotion from this and hopefully it would allow us to have our wiki page back.
The problem I see if what will they consider "notable sources" and will they discredit said sources if we contacted them directly in order to get the coverage needed?
Okay that whole commentary system just looks like a giant brick wall too me, can some one sum it up in 1-2 paragraphs of why exactly MyBB's wiki page keeps getting deleted?
Because the information being published on MyBB's wiki page is either from MyBB staff or MyBB users.
(2011-04-30, 03:46 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay that whole commentary system just looks like a giant brick wall too me, can some one sum it up in 1-2 paragraphs of why exactly MyBB's wiki page keeps getting deleted?

1. Wikipedia is run by morons
2. There are few external reviews from popular websites about MyBB
Pages: 1 2 3 4