MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't edit username to less than 3 characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

I'm trying to edit a user's username to contain only two characters via the ACP, but am being denied as it says the minimum is three. I already have two accounts with two-character usernames on my board, one of which is my admin account, and the other registered when the limit was set to two via the User Registration and Profile Options settings (I had purposefully set it to two for him, before changing it to the default three).

I tried changing the limit in User Registration and Profile Options once again, but still I am unable to edit the other user's name, presumably because that setting only applies to new registrations. Thus, my question is, is there anyway to edit an existing account to have only two characters?

Cheers and thanks, Reece.
Go to: ACP/Configuration/Setting/User Registration and Profile Options

then set Minimum Username Length

thank you
(2011-04-29, 04:42 PM)Jibon Dhara Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ACP/Configuration/Setting/User Registration and Profile Options

then set Minimum Username Length

thank you

No, as I said in my post, that does not work. That setting only seems to apply to new registrations.

"The minimum number of characters a username can be when a user registers."
There shouldn't be any difference because there is only one function for validation.
I wouldn't have thought validation has anything to do with it...
Bump.
I just tested this on 1.6.3 and it let me rename an existing user to 2 characters from admincp after lowering the username character limit.

Something is not right on your board.
Does it work if you're trying to change the name to two numbers, rather than letters?

I had been trying with two numbers, but trying with two letters doesn't work either.
Why not just do this in the database directly via phpMyAdmin or whatever?
I'm not exactly experienced in that kind of thing. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Pages: 1 2