MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I got a PM from a member today saying the following:

Quote:not sure if its just me, but have tried with firefox and chrome, and am getting the following error when trying to access posts:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting '}' in /home/berlingo/public_html/inc/functions_post.php(631) : eval()'d code on line 17

Now this error has not been reported by anyone else, and ive never seen such a thing myself on the site.

In response, he detailed the issue further for me:

Quote:Can't reply to your PM as I get the same error, and it fails to display the content.. I had to export PM's to be able to read it - lol

the issue only happens when logged in and I try to read either a thread, post or PM.. i get one or more lines of the same error at the top of the screen and the posts fail to display

so far i have tested this on iphone, and two different laptops - all with the same error..

Im thinking its just him, since noone else has had the issue, but is this possible?
You have an error in your postbit_classic template, revert it to default, or post the code here so we can see what's wrong. The reason nobody else has had the problem will almost certainly be because nobody else is using the classic postbit, only him.
Thanks Matt, your help is appreciated.

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				<div class="float_right">{$post['tprdsp']}</div>{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" class="post_buttons"><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right" class="post_buttons">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>

Out of interest, would this affect the abilities to read PMs too?
Search;
{$post['subject_extra']
and Change it to;
{$post['subject_extra']}
(2011-04-30, 09:57 PM)david42 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest, would this affect the abilities to read PMs too?

Yes, as it loads the same template.

Yaldaram has found the cause, make that change and it'll work again Smile
Thanks to you both, ill let you know how that goes down!