MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Halcyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-05-01, 08:52 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO, everything inside of the countainer need's to be re-done

I've already said I just started working on this and there's still a lot to do. Little inside of the container needs to be "redone," it just needs to be "done."

(2011-05-01, 08:52 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]the inner shadow on top shouldn't be as bright, plus the drop shadow around the container is overdoing it, alot, make it not so dark.

This I can do. I was thinking it was a little dark but I also wanted to make it stand out a bit. Maybe 50% instead of 75% will give better results.

Also, regarding the text, I'm still working out the colors and whatnot. I'm still looking for design ideas, and I'll be progressing slowly since this is just a side project while I'm waiting for things on my commission.
A little update:
Changed the background image to one where I don't have to worry about copyright issues
Fixed a couple of little things in the animated toggle javascript
2-columned forum list, without a plugin (and "tableless" to boot)
Toned down drop shadow
Removed rounded corners for performance reasons (though I might put them back in some places since it didn't help much)

I wanted it so the last item in the forum list would stretch all the way across if it were all by it's lonesome but CSS and HTML and everything conspired against me.

Again, this is a work in progress, so I still have a lot to do. Some things I'd like to try is a slight gradient to the forum list items and to improve performance for the animation. I'm still kind of flailing about aimlessly with a few things, but once I see something I like I'll "borrow" it for my own design (*cough* the last post part *cough*).
(2011-05-09, 05:30 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]A little update:
Changed the background image to one where I don't have to worry about copyright issues
Fixed a couple of little things in the animated toggle javascript
2-columned forum list, without a plugin (and "tableless" to boot)
Toned down drop shadow
Removed rounded corners for performance reasons (though I might put them back in some places since it didn't help much)

I wanted it so the last item in the forum list would stretch all the way across if it were all by it's lonesome but CSS and HTML and everything conspired against me.

Again, this is a work in progress, so I still have a lot to do. Some things I'd like to try is a slight gradient to the forum list items and to improve performance for the animation. I'm still kind of flailing about aimlessly with a few things, but once I see something I like I'll "borrow" it for my own design (*cough* the last post part *cough*).

The shadows on the thead and trow's look bad. Real bad..
On the text or what? The forum cells just have border for now until I find something neat to try.

How about a change of pace: What am I doing right? What does everyone like so I don't end up changing it and give up because all of the feedback is negative?
Okay, I've worked a little more on this thing. I moved the header/panel to the right, added the soft gradient to the forum cells, and a couple of other little things. I'm not 100% happy with the way the search box came out, so I'll probably be changing it in the future.
Pages: 1 2