MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Halcyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been working on a theme while waiting for some info needed to finish my other project, and thought I would post a quick preliminary screenshot.

Some features:
Avatar in panel doesn't need an extra plugin (it's fixed at 80x80 due to the way the gloss overlay works).
Animated expand/collapse based on a modified version of MyBB's (it's in it's own .js file and uses a different css class, so existing themes are unchanged).
Significantly simplified HTML structure
Fluid design from 512px (might change to 1024px) wide to 2560px+
The two big images for the background still only end up being 401KB (not that it matters since I'm probably going to replace them anyway).

I do want everyone to note before commenting that I still have a lot to do, especially with the category layouts shown which might be changed to a column/horizontal/whatever you want to call it layout (and will actually have some kind of background instead of the blue). The name will probably change as well, but IDK.

[attachment=22510]

I'll probably end up selling it on ShopMyBB like Vulpine and Nebulous 2.
Beautiful!
I'm not loving it. All of your themes look way too much like the default theme to sell.
(2011-05-01, 03:25 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not loving it. All of your themes look way too much like the default theme to sell.

I did say this:
(2011-05-01, 06:33 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I do want everyone to note before commenting that I still have a lot to do, especially with the category layouts shown which might be changed to a column/horizontal/whatever you want to call it layout (and will actually have some kind of background instead of the blue).

It's a preliminary screenshot. It's called a "Work In Progress" thread for a reason.
(2011-05-01, 05:14 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-01, 03:25 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not loving it. All of your themes look way too much like the default theme to sell.

I did say this:
(2011-05-01, 06:33 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I do want everyone to note before commenting that I still have a lot to do, especially with the category layouts shown which might be changed to a column/horizontal/whatever you want to call it layout (and will actually have some kind of background instead of the blue).

It's a preliminary screenshot. It's called a "Work In Progress" thread for a reason.

I understand that, but all of your themes are. Just saying, its my opinion.
(2011-05-01, 05:14 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a preliminary screenshot. It's called a "Work In Progress" thread for a reason.

Then why post it? It's here, people are going to comment, don't complain about it ...

Seems like a decent start, hopefully it's good once finished.
I'd like to see other parts of theme such as post bit etc.
(2011-05-01, 06:05 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Then why post it? It's here, people are going to comment, don't complain about it ...

In most of the other forums I visit a WIP thread is meant to show the overall development and progress of a work, rather than show off an almost finalized piece.

I don't mind comments, it's just when someone says it looks too much like the default theme when I started on it yesterday and have put only a couple of hours of work into it and I specifically said I still have a lot to do as far as layout goes it kind of frustrates me into believing people don't listen to what I say.
Your text are always your weak point. The colours work well, but the BG itself doesn't help the theme much.
Very web 1.0'ish.

IMHO, everything inside of the countainer need's to be re-done, I like what you have done with the container and the background though, but the inner shadow on top shouldn't be as bright, plus the drop shadow around the container is overdoing it, alot, make it not so dark.
Pages: 1 2