MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images in Post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I've been reading on this Forum since a few hours now, but I still can't figure out my problem.

When I add an attachment to a post (an image in my case), and then I click 'Insert Into Post', I only get the link after I submitted the post.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thumbnails are activated, images are allowed to be uploaded.

How can I only get a link and not a thumbnail or the image itself?

Thanks a lot in advance,
-Indi
Usually bmp images are those that doesn't show thumbnails, what extension are you using?

More over, if you upload an image without inserting it in the post, what do you get? do you see the thumbnail or what?

Also, dont forget that you can always use img tags, just in case you really need it meanwhile.

regards
I have tried both jpg and gif.

I have added two attachments, one which I didn't insert and one which I did.

As you have said and confirmed that thumbnails are activated through the admin cp. Then it seems like GD php extension isn't configured for yoru server.

GD is commonly used to generate charts, graphics, thumbnails, and most anything else like that.

regards
Where can I check if GD has been installed and activated?

I have read in a post somewhere that I could see it through 'View PHP Info' in the Admin CP, but I can't find it anywhere there.

And unfortunately, I have no clue what GD is..
In the Admin CP > Maintenance > View PHP Info

find GD, everthing under GD should be enabled.

regards
You can find everything I have under 'View PHP Info'. There is, however, no mentioning of GD in it.
Then it is not installed.

Ask you server admin to enable GD.

regards