MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
OK the plug-in are work now, but when I try recommend the tread, the info always put the link to the index forum, not the tread link
and the image is always the logo of the forum, however I try change to the custom logo, but don't show
Excellent plugin. Wink Thanks.
I have installed Facebook Like button and This Plugin but nothing appears on the FACEBOOK account page?

Following are the settings for Like button and this plugin. The application ID is same on both, but USER/Admin ID is the ID of the account in which Application is created.

Let me know what i am doing wrong?

thanks.

[Image: facebook.jpg]
[Image: facebook2.jpg]
@all: sorry for the late response but I was on holiday last week.

@-AW- : You website is Dashing Forums, right? It seems to work here.
<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.dashingforums.com/Thread-start-off-2011-with-a-bang-team-dashing" /> 
The Like button also refers to the url and the link on the Facebook wall is also correct.

@begincaos: on pt-forums.com it is also working correctly as far as I can see. I recommended a thread and the correct link is showing up on the wall post. Regarding to the image, it depends on what your settings are. If the plugin can't find any image, it will always fall back to the global setting for the image.

@annaconda: what is the url to your website, please?
(2011-05-22, 11:22 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]@-AW- : You website is Dashing Forums, right? It seems to work here.
<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.dashingforums.com/Thread-start-off-2011-with-a-bang-team-dashing" /> 

No, take a look at the URL when it's on the nth page, where n is some number that isn't 1.

Example:
http://www.dashingforums.com/Thread-gend...e?page=180

You then get this, instead.

<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.dashingforums.com/Thread-gender-race" />
Ow, that's what you mean. Yeah, that's not a bug but a feature Big Grin
Usually you share a complete thread and not a particular page of a thread. At least that is what I thought Smile
But I will add an extra option to the settings that will allow you to take the page into account for the thread url.
(2011-05-22, 02:20 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Ow, that's what you mean. Yeah, that's not a bug but a feature Big Grin
Usually you share a complete thread and not a particular page of a thread. At least that is what I thought Smile
But I will add an extra option to the settings that will allow you to take the page into account for the thread url.

Url was in the Pics i posted Smile

www.cpuforever.com

When i click on the Like button while logged into Facebook account then it post on the Facebook Wall, but otherwise when i post thread in the Forum it won;t post on Facebook Wall.
(2011-05-22, 06:38 PM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]When i click on the Like button while logged into Facebook account then it post on the Facebook Wall, but otherwise when i post thread in the Forum it won;t post on Facebook Wall.

This plugin only adds the meta tags to your forum pages. It doesn't post new threads to the Facebook wall. You need MyBB Publisher for that.
(2011-05-22, 07:17 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-22, 06:38 PM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]When i click on the Like button while logged into Facebook account then it post on the Facebook Wall, but otherwise when i post thread in the Forum it won;t post on Facebook Wall.

This plugin only adds the meta tags to your forum pages. It doesn't post new threads to the Facebook wall. You need MyBB Publisher for that.

But i thought that was Like button do....So what is the difference between this plugin and Like button?
(2011-05-22, 07:21 PM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]But i thought that was Like button do....So what is the difference between this plugin and Like button?

This plugin is an addition to any Like button (a plugin or manually added to your templates). By default you, as the site administrator, don't really have control over how links to your website show up on the wall of the one who shares it. This plugin will offer you more control over that. You can select which image should be used, what the title or description should be, ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5