MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: About to upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.6.3 and need advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am SO concerned that if a do a file replace..it will wipe out my existing themes, etc. If I drag the ADMIN folder over...or my INC folder over...and select replace conflicts....will it ONLY replace what is a conflict and LEAVE the other files in there untouched...or will it simply replace one folder with the other (including it's contents)? Remember, I am dragging and dropping the FOLDER to copy it to the server...not each file. I am doing it folder by folder.

Sorry if this is a stupid question...just not an expert and don't want to mess up my site.

Thanks!
Unless your FTP client is configured badly, it will simply replace files on your server with the copies that are in the files you upload, and leave everything else as it is. If you're really concerned about it though you can just download your current files to your computer first.
Thank you! Do need to upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 first? Or can I go right to 1.6.3?
You can go straight to 1.6.3. Smile