MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta Keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Meta Keywords havent been workin for a while now is there anyway you can do it manuallyDodgy
You can add them to the header include template... but wouldn't it be better to work out why your keywords aren't working? Did you install a new theme, and forgot to deactivate/reactivate the plugin?
yes ive installed several new themes i didn't know installing new themes would break it. how do i go about fixing it?
You need to deactivate and reactivate the plugin, as when you add a new theme, the code the plugin adds to the theme needs to be re-added. Before you deactivate it, take a copy of your keywords in case they get deleted.
which plugin sorry im so lost lol
(2011-05-02, 07:23 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]You need to deactivate and reactivate the plugin, as when you add a new theme, the code the plugin adds to the theme needs to be re-added. Before you deactivate it, take a copy of your keywords in case they get deleted.

yeah what plugin?

Regards
There is a way to do it manually.

1) First you need to go to your ACP > Templates & Style > Templates tab
2) Open up the templates to the theme you're current using and go into Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude.
3) When you're in the headerinclude section just add the following to the top.
<meta name="keywords" content="your keywords" />
<meta name="description" content="your website's description" />
Remember to add your keywords in and a small description to your website.
thanks man i needed this
It's no problem at all. If you ever need any help just post here again or contact me via private message. I'll be glad to assist you.