MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Cookie Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i have been developing a mybb forum and i thought of course it would be more practical to do it on my localhost rather than on an actual server. I moved everything to my local and i cannot login, im assuming its a cookie problem but how can i change everything when i cant even login? lol
Quote:If you are hosting on a localhost (i.e. a test forum on your computer), your cookie domain will usually have to be blank.

Also, if you have a port at the end of your board URL (for example, if your board URL is http://123.45.67.89:1234) set your cookie domain to .123.45.67.89 - basically remove the :xxxx from the end. If you have a directory at the end as well as a port (for example, if your board URL is http://123.45.67.89:1234/forum) set your cookie domain to .123.45.67.89 as above, and set your cookie path to /forum/ - the port number isn't needed anywhere.

If you cannot work out your cookie settings, you can use this cookie generator created by our very own DennisTT and it will attempt to give you the correct settings. It is also recommended that you do not change your cookie settings when you install your forum as they are usually correct in the installer.

You can view your current cookie settings by viewing the source code from a page of your forum. If your cookie settings are wrong, you probably won't be able to change them in the ACP as you may not be able to stay logged in. If this is the case, in order to change them, find a way to open and edit ./inc/settings.php and edit the new values into the file. Then, you MUST go to 'ACP > Configuration > General Configuration' and make the change here too. This is because although editing the file will make you able to log in, the settings aren't updated in the database, and when you next save any settings in the ACP, the old settings will come back.

Also make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666