MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change the posts view to classical
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have no idea how to change the posts view to classical, so I hope someone here can tell me how. Wink

Changing the option through the admin cp did not to anything.
It's an option in the UserCP > Edit Options > Show classic postbit.

But if you want to force your users to use the classical postbit, you can follow this tutorial:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
The thing is I followed this tutorial, but it had not effect.
You've to edit your UserCP setting too.

User Control Panel > Edit Options > and "Tick" the Display posts in classic mode. option.
Ok, but what about new members registering, would they now have the classic post view after I have followed the tutorial and changed the option in the acp?
Yes, they'll have now that Classic Mode by default.
Great, thank you guys both.
One last question, is there a way I could configure that width of the profile area inside the topic?

I looked for it in the global.css, but I haven't found where I could it.
(2011-05-02, 04:41 PM)sLeepy999 Wrote: [ -> ]Great, thank you guys both.
One last question, is there a way I could configure that width of the profile area inside the topic?

I looked for it in the global.css, but I haven't found where I could it.

Go into your Templates and change the the postbit_classic. Search for (around the 4th line):
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
and change the "15%" into something else to change the width of the left side.
(2011-05-02, 04:47 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your Templates and change the the postbit_classic.

ACP->Templates & Style -> templates-> THEME NAME -> Postbit templates -> postbit_classic

Wink
(2011-05-02, 04:52 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-02, 04:47 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your Templates and change the the postbit_classic.

ACP->Templates & Style -> templates-> THEME NAME -> Postbit

Wink

Aries is Correct, Its in postbit_classic
Pages: 1 2