MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions not holding.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I merged a phpbb2 board to mybb last week and I'm finding permissions are just not holding.

I know sometimes you do have to set them twice but I've set them upwards of 5 times now and they are just not holding.

I am thinking I need an SQL to wipe out all permissions on all forums and set them again from scratch.

If someone has a better way or a better answer, I'd love to hear it.

Right now some bad stuff is just resetting itself, mostly members having the ability to delete their own threads and posts. Can't have that on this large board!

My eyes are shot and my brain fried from repeatedly doing these permissions over and over again.

Any help would be appreciated.
(2011-05-02, 07:22 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I know sometimes you do have to set them twice

Do you...?? First I've heard of this.

Have you tried rebuilding the the forumpermissions cache in the ACP?? Once you've merged, the fact you've merged won't stop new permissions from taking effect.
I have not tried the cache. I did rebuild after merging though.

Sometimes I have had to hit forum permissions twice, I'm surprised no one has reported this. I just hit them again and usually that takes care of it.

I'm going through these AGAIN as you replied and finding only one item now not holding. Hopefully it holds. I'll hit the cache after I reset them all. I'm guessing doing it before I set all the 'missing' permissions it'll be for naught.
Note: Just did the cache rebuilding and permissions are still not holding. I'm stumped.

My head is reeling from this as I've been at it all day to no avial.

Also, you should know that when we migrated members, ALL of them were screwed up too. Some had admin permissions we didn't see on the phpbb board and suddenly had them on the Mybb board. Lots of grunt work for four days and this permissions issue is really sticking and not letting go.

So far it looks like the ability to download attachments is the one holdout.
Note #2: It seems that undoing the custom permissions sorts things out.

Don't ask me why or how, but that's the issue. Something with custom permissions is knocking out having them stick. BUT - and get this cuz it's weird - if I knock out custom permissions, it KEEPS them as I want them.

Example: Known spammers have a group and setting the same as banned group. ALL permissions are over to the right - no viewing or posting. I knock out the custom permissions and they stay on the right, no viewing or posting.

So, who knows why but I'm going to finish the list and go have a drink!