MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thread titles and usename became &amp after merge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hundreds of my users can not login because their username can not recognize by the board. and also with thread titles, some titles and username having "&amp".

It is hard to edit hundreds of users manually.

how to solve this?
What board did you merge from? Thread titles should be parsed for htmlentities already. Usernames are not, because they should never have an ampersand in them to begin with.
(2011-05-03, 12:00 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]What board did you merge from? Thread titles should be parsed for htmlentities already. Usernames are not, because they should never have an ampersand in them to begin with.

vb 3 to myBB 1.4

then i upgraded now to myBB 1.6.3

is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Merge system can not conver symbols like TM and others. So the users have symbols in their username it become john&amp

also in threads. Sad
I had the same problem when coming from phpbb a while back,I used a PHP script to rename the users I think
Why did you merge to 1.4 and then upgrade to 1.6 instead of merging straight to 1.6?

Anyways, that aside: The threads is a bug, the usernames is a flaw on the source end: No board code should allow html entities like that in usernames. Still, I'll have to code some work-a-round for it in the merge system.

For now, your only recourse is a custom written script like Tom K. suggested. I cannot at this time write this for you, but perhaps he can.
That time I'm so very noob, i dont know yet the plugin compatibility so I use 1.4 because when I use 1.6 the shoutbox cant be install and some latest plugins.