MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Welcome to The Gothic Guilds Forums and Thanks for input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I apologise to the moderator, I should have read the rules a bit closer, it won't happen again.

Altered forum post below.

Thank you for your feedback Tom K.

I don't understand your comment of the "blue t_cat" could you give me some more details?

The forum is merely an addition to our main site to which we have been running successfully for over for 8 years. Our most prominent author Donn Ui'Midir has allowed the Guild to publish not only his poetry and prose but also his 15 volume set of books, 'The Xanon Chronicles.'

But I digress, what I am getting at is that the empty sub-forums are not a problem for me, as I am not looking for a bustling hub which requires constant attention. A site to which I have had prior calibration, is about to close its doors. A lot of my artists also visit this site and the forum addition is merely in place if they decide they wish to participate in a forum setting.

Hello Shukaku

The copyright notices for MyBB and full credit to the theme creator are visible and cross browser compliant. The only alteration to the "Red Eclypse" theme, made by me, was a new header. I retained the colour scheme utilised by NBK*Twitch, only replacing the buttons with another set.

The forum became live (visible to people other than my existing authors) three days ago, I did not think, nor did/do I want a rush of registrations. A forum dedicated the the arts will always be small and select, because most artists enjoy this type of aura.

I do hope I have answered all your questions.

Altered forum post below.

Our forums have been erected as an add on to the Gothic Writers Guilds network of sites.

Whether it is Photography, Drawing, Poetry, Story Writing, Novelists, Vocalists, Musicians…

The list goes on.

The Gothic Guild assists in revelations for our artists to portray and their creative, artistic freedoms seldom available freely, for “Alternative Artists” on the world wide web.

Our Artists have access to; The Gothic Writers Guild Forums, to which we hope to see flourishing with wonders of artistic aesthetics, and will assist our Artists in their journeys of self discovery, in many different area’s of their choosing.

The Gothic Guild itself will remain a home for our Artists selected, written, Photographed, Sketches amongst other treasured works (All written work is also audio enabled). And The Gothic Guilds wordpress blog has become the home for the; Music, and Video sections of the Guild. Come one, come all, meet us at the Gothic Guilds Forum
If it is free advertising your after, try our “Reciprocal Links” site.

We hope to make registration at the Gothic Guild forum less painful and well worth the effort, here are a few registration tips.

Some registration tips.

Registration requires a 9 digit/numerical complex password (must also include a capital letter).

Email (50 points for verification of email address, no activation by admin without email verification) and admin Activation are required.

Until admin activates, you will not have access to anything.

Please be patient, as we are trying to provide a safe and secure forum for our artists.

We look forward to your art and your "mature" participation at the guild.

Delequin
Hi delequin, welcome to MyBB. Smile
IMO, your main site is much easier to read. The forum has light text w/ dark background which I usually avoid.
Thank you Seeker for your opinion.

The dark colouration of our forums is to assist those who do choose to move from the other forum to the Guilds. Hopefully this will help to make their transition much more pleasant by delivering a comfortable setting of sameness.

I do understand your concern about the dark aura of the forum, and understand why it will be difficult for some to read against the dark background. I would hope that with the Gothic Guilds other sites and the audio conversions available, we can offset any difficulties to people wishing to read the posts.

Just quickly, authors/artists at the forum are encouraged to submit their best works (what they deem to be best, not I), to the main site for audio conversion and display, or if they are providing video or audio of their own, to the wordpress blog.

Regards
Delequin
The tact bit is where the name of the category goes. It is a pale blue at the moment Wink
(2011-05-03, 09:19 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]The tact bit is where the name of the category goes. It is a pale blue at the moment Wink

I found, I changed, its still dark but viewable. Thank You Tom K.
You spelt "psychic" wrong Smile in one of you categories Wink
Done and done, thank you once more Tom K.
Hello all

The MyBB forum is a good forum to use, but unfortunately it is not secure enough for my requirements. New users, without admin approval, were still able to make posts, even after I had completely removed all permissions from registered users until the admin approved them.

Thank you for allowing me to post here, but I have just changed the forum today.

Kindest regards to you all
Delequin
(2011-05-21, 04:43 AM)delequin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all

The MyBB forum is a good forum to use, but unfortunately it is not secure enough for my requirements. New users, without admin approval, were still able to make posts, even after I had completely removed all permissions from registered users until the admin approved them.

Thank you for allowing me to post here, but I have just changed the forum today.

Kindest regards to you all
Delequin
You've set something up incorrectly, if this is indeed happening.

Rolleyes I can 100% guarantee you that if you were to let someone look at the permissions you've set up, they'd find what you've done wrong within minutes. I get really annoyed when people claim that something like this, incorrectly setting up permissions, is somehow our fault, and they've not even asked us about it or made a support thread, just go straight to saying it's our fault.

Good luck with your forum, and I hope you won't claim your new software is insecure when you set that up incorrectly too.