MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adsense Implication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to find a way to implement Google Adsense without it being an abundant bother to my users. An idea ive come up with is put it into things such as
"newreply.php" so that they only see it on pages that are redirections to other things on the forum. So that would give the ad a quick view, but not bother them or detour them from whatever they were already doing.
My real question is if there is a list of Mybb pages that are used ONLY as redirects and that if i did this would there be any complications i should be aware of and cautious about? Thanks for reading.
From the Adsense Policy page:
Quote:Publishers are encouraged to experiment with a variety of placements and ad formats. However, AdSense code may not be placed in inappropriate places such as pop-ups, emails or software. Publishers must also adhere to the policies for each product used.
View full ad placement policies.
Google ads, search boxes or search results may not be:

Integrated into a software application of any kind, including toolbars.
Displayed in pop-ups or pop-unders.
Placed in emails, email programs, or chat programs.
Obscured by elements on a page.
Placed on any non-content-based page. (Does not apply to AdSense for search or mobile AdSense for search.)
Placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads.
Placed on pages whose content or URL could confuse users into thinking it is associated with Google due to the misuse of logos, trademarks or other brand features.
Placed on, within or alongside other Google products or services in a manner that violates the policies of that product or service.
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/b...swer=48182

Sounds like kind of a grey area. I would contact Adsense to be extra sure.
I believe a page like a newthread.php isnt too risky. It serves the purpose of alerting the member that their thread has been posted successfully or whatever the specific instance may be. Thanks for the information but thats not really what my thread question was about. Ill definately be more careful crossing my t's and doting my i's though. Ive never used Google Adsense and wouldnt want to be wasting my time giving them even more money than they already have.
Any help?
This plugin might help you:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-37537.html

You can just paste the code into the areas that you want. You may also be able to put it in the newreply.php with a minor code edit.