MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is this error string in my plugin section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have not been able to find the cause of the error message at the top of the plugins list. It refers to Apple, yadda yadda. (See attached screenshot.) I am not using anything Apple, if that makes a difference.

I tried deactivating all of the plugins when I first noticed it. This is on all three of my boards. What should my next move be?

[attachment=22551]
Are your forums hosted on a Mac OS server? And where else does the error appear?
I know some plugin zip archives made on a Mac include a special folder called _MACOSX. See if any _MACOSX folder exists in your plugins folder or any subfolder.
Yeah, I had that in mind too but thought it was a stupid idea. Toungue I believe it's both of Matt's plugins, he has a Mac.

The _MACOSX folder is supposed to be ignored, it's something generated by Mac OS's default zip archiver. Windows has a similiar thing called thumbs.db I think.
That makes sense. I have seen plugins with a MACOSX folder and a plain folder. I always avoided the MAC folder, but it looks like I may have grabbed the wrong one at some point.
I will have to wait until this evening to search, but I will let you know what I find. Thanks!
(2011-05-03, 05:05 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I had that in mind too but thought it was a stupid idea. Toungue

Lol Big Grin It could still be stupid idea Toungue It's just a guess as I didn't see something like that before Big Grin
Maybe I am not looking in the right place, of I am teh stupid one. I can't find any of that error message in the files. I have not searched through the text of all of the .php files, but I sort of gave up for the moment.
Any thoughts on where to look?
No, you should be looking for a _MACOSX folder somewhere in your forum (probably in the plugins). If you see any, delete it.

Afterwards I also recommend running the File Verification tool to make sure files are clean.
I dug for a while and found nothing. I will search more tomorrow.
Check the inc/plugins folder

If you're using an ftp program make sure that its set to show all files, including hidden files, files that start with a dot(.) or an underscore(_) as some ftp programs hide them.
Pages: 1 2