MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please tell me where to change color of this item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks,

Can someone please tell me how to change the color and size of the links in this picture?

Im interested in just making the User profile link smaller font, and Black colored link, but i can't figure out where to change this.

PLEASE SEE PICTURE and Thank You for your help!
Go in:
Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > YOUR THEME > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_thread
Find:
<div class="author smalltext">{$thread['profilelink']}</div>
Replace with:
<div class="author smalltext" style="color: COLOR">{$thread['profilelink']}</div>
* Replace COLOR with the color you want. Cool

BTW wrong section. It must be here: http://community.mybb.com/forum-10.html
(2011-05-03, 09:24 PM)WbDev Wrote: [ -> ]
<div class="author smalltext" style="color: COLOR">{$thread['profilelink']}</div>

That's not going to work as the a element will override the default color of the parent.

What you could try is adding this to the global.css stylesheet:
.author a { color: black; }
(2011-05-03, 09:31 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-03, 09:24 PM)WbDev Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not going to work as the a element will override the default color of the parent.

What you could try is adding this to the global.css stylesheet:
.author a { color: black; }

Yeah!

Use a:visited and a:hover to change the styles of link when visited and hover.
Ok ive tried all those suggestions so far, and the link is still appearing green.

I have a better idea. Maybe i can remove the link all together, and just have the authors name appear WITHOUT being a link....?

so i would need this to display just the posters name {$thread['profilelink']}
instead of a link...
If you add only {$thread['profilelink']} it will still be a link because <div tags are not for link.
WbDev, yes sorry about that. i wasnt clear because my kids are making noise :\

What i meant was, what can i replace {$thread['profilelink']} with, so it only displays the users name, not a profile link?
Sorry, I don't know the code for it. I don't think there is one.
(2011-05-03, 09:52 PM)DoD62086208 Wrote: [ -> ]What i meant was, what can i replace {$thread['profilelink']} with, so it only displays the users name, not a profile link?

Open ./forumdisplay.php and find;
$thread['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($thread['username'], $thread['uid']);
and Change it to;
$thread['profilelink'] = $thread['username'];

Save the file. Now it erase the Profile Link from Thread Author's / Poster's Username. Wink
(2011-05-04, 04:57 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-03, 09:52 PM)DoD62086208 Wrote: [ -> ]What i meant was, what can i replace {$thread['profilelink']} with, so it only displays the users name, not a profile link?

Open ./forumdisplay.php and find;
$thread['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($thread['username'], $thread['uid']);
and Change it to;
$thread['profilelink'] = $thread['username'];

Save the file. Now it erase the Profile Link from Thread Author's / Poster's Username. Wink

Thanks Yaldaram,
I didn't follow your instructions exactly, but i did get it to work using some of the info you provided.

I simply edited the forumdisplay_thread template, changing the word 'profilelink' to 'username'. Now it displays "Posted By: DoD62086208" or whoever is the author, but doesn't make it a link. Smile

THANK YOU ALL for your help!!
Pages: 1 2