MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let my mods see the "reported posts" red warning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Super moderators can see a red box when there is a "reported post".

Moderators, who only moderate certain forums, don't. I want them to be able to see such red box, and see all reports. Yes, such moderators can warn any user despite their official forum sections.
Can you reword that please? I honestly do not understand.
There are two types of moderator. Super moderators, and just moderators. Right?

When a post is reported, all super moderators will see a red warning box on top of the forum, saying "there is 1 unread reported post" or something, cool.

But, common moderators don't see that red warning box. I want them to be able to see it too. How?
Common mods see the reported posts for the forums that they moderate, whereas super mods see ALL reported items. Are you saying you want common mods to see reported posts for the forums that they don't moderate?
When a User reports a Post, Mods/Supermods/Admins still see a Red box at the top of your forum's header. Its a default.

If you mean to deny those Moderators who have only certain forums privileges to not see Reported Posts, you can do this with Template Conditionals easily.

Install: http://community.mybb.com/thread-31860.html

Now go to: ACP > Templates > Header Templates > header > and find;
{$unreadreports}
and wrap it with <if> conditionals like this;
<if $mybb->user['usergroup'] != "X">{$unreadreports}</if>

Replace X with the Usergroup ID of that Moderator Group you don't want them to see Reported Post's Notification.
(2011-05-04, 06:04 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Common mods see the reported posts for the forums that they moderate, whereas super mods see ALL reported items. Are you saying you want common mods to see reported posts for the forums that they don't moderate?

Yes, I want common moderators to see all reported warnings through that red box on top of the forums too. I know this sounds a bit weird, but that's the design we're seeking. We don't want to make super moderators for other reasons..
Bumping ~
Anyone? My moderators (normal, not super) can't see the unread reported posts notification at top of page...
you can not use a plugin to change this (and not impact other areas or give access where not wanted) so it needs a core file change

in 1.6.3 global.php line 397

change

if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1 || $mybb->user['ismoderator'] && $mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'])

to

if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1 || $mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'] == 1)

Umm.. you mean the global.php file in the server inside the "archive" folder? Because it doesn't have 397 lines... or the line you supplied. Yeah I am using 1.6.3.
Pages: 1 2