MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: scroll text with more sentences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody,
i'm writing here because i'm looking for a way to show scrolling sentences on the top of my site.
i already know the html tag "< marquee >", and i can say that it works pretty good iwth just ONE sentence. is there a way to have a text bar with a coloured background in which you can read more than one scrolling sentence?

of course for "more than one scrolling sentence" i do not mean just 2 or 3 sentences separeted by a dot. i mean something more like: sentence1 break sentence2 break sentence 1 break etc.
something like the upper-right scrollbar of the ps3, if you know what i mean...

is there a way to get it? possibly a "simple" way: just some html codes; no plugins or java scripts.

thanks in advance for your answers Smile
thank you, but...
that plugin works exactly as the tag "marquee" does, maybe just a bit smarter, but nothing more from my point of view Sad

i'm looking for something that works more or less this way:
sentence 1 appears from the right of the screen, it scrolls till it disappears at the left of the screen. then sentence 2 appears from the right, scrolls till the left of the screen, and then it disappears. and so on for sentence 3, sentence 4, etc untill it starts over from sentence 1.

your plugin just collapse the sentences all together, so what i see is just a single sentence constituted by sentence 1 - sentence 2 - etc, that does make the path i've just explained.
Marquee is a bit of an outdated element, I don't recommend using it.

An easy solution would be measure your forum's width and insert white-space inbetween messages. Besides that, such functionality is not possible without the use of "fancy JavaScripts", which apparently you don't want to use.
well, what you suggested is a good solution for forums that have a fixed width, while mine haven't.

talking about java, i just thought that such a scroll text was a simple thing to do by html. i must also confess that i'm completely ignorant of java... ^^
for these reasons i didn't want to use java scripts or other complicated things. but if you say that i can solve this problem with a java script, i immediately change my mind! Smile