MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge SMF2-MyBB (Attachment error)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Just tried to merge a smf2 forum to mybb and noticed too late, after setting up everything as planned that there was an error in the merge log.

Quote:Errors

The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:

Attachments:
Error transfering the attachment (ID: 2)

That error happened to all attachments in the process, which means i can see the attachment inside the postings, but they arent viewable. And inside the admin controls they seem to be listed as orphaned attachments.

I dont know how the upload directory should look, but there are some files named "post_0_*numbers*_thumb.png" with filessizes of around 35MB.
When i try to view some attachment it tells me it cant be viewed because its damaged.

Well, now im stuck here. I hope that i dont have to redo all stuff i made to the mybb config and the imported forums again, because it was the hell to do them even once.

Is there any way to fix this, or replace the attachments and transfering them manually or doing just the import step of the attachments again somehow? Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance to everyone spending time to read this.

Luci

There is a sticky topic for this issue here:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-84043.html

And an open bug report here:
http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1542

Currently the only thing you can do is manually correct them as you find them by:
  1. Downloading the file from the post on the old board
  2. Attaching it to the same post on the new board
  3. Repeat as needed

You'll want to do it this way so that attachment filenames get properly hashed by MyBB.
Yeah, thanks.

Alot of work to add around 300 attachments myself, but its done and I'm happy about the forum software change. Smile

Problem solved
(2011-05-06, 07:22 AM)Luci Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thanks.

Alot of work to add around 300 attachments myself, but its done and I'm happy about the forum software change. Smile

Problem solved

Yes, it is a lot of work. I'm still hoping to find a definite cause. Every time I think I've nailed it down, I find out I haven't. Its disappointing to say the least.