MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

A friend and I are looking for a windows VPS with 2GB RAM (guaranteed), not too fussed about diskspace or bandwidth, but it's for a game server, so a decent amount of bandwidth is preferred. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a decently priced Windows VPS with 2GB ram?

Thanks. Smile

Just got a custom quote from ThrustVPS. 2GB RAM, 50GB diskspace, 1TB bandwidth, Windows Server 2008 for $27.45.. Anyone have any experience with these guys?
I was looking for one a while back and gave up Confused you don't really find decently priced windows VPSes Sad
Although thrust does look fairly cheap. Many providers charge $10 or so for the windows license itself Smile

Is it me or do they show "0 available" for every type?
Must it be windows? And, if it's only going to be used for games why not just get a gameserver from a game server provider?
What game is it?
(2011-05-05, 11:26 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking for one a while back and gave up Confused you don't really find decently priced windows VPSes Sad
Although thrust does look fairly cheap. Many providers charge $10 or so for the windows license itself Smile

Is it me or do they show "0 available" for every type?

The specs I posted were from a custom order I made. Toungue

I plan on running a small'ish minecraft server (multi-world with MySQL database(for classic)), possibly a teamspeak server, and some other small Game servers.
I'm not sure, I'm finding mixed reviews for it Confused
(2011-05-05, 11:59 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I plan on running a small'ish minecraft server (multi-world with MySQL database(for classic)), possibly a teamspeak server, and some other small Game servers.

Both the specific things mentioned can be run on linux so I don't understand why it must be Windows. All your doing is adding license costs on top which will make it more expensive than a similar linux vps.
Still have no clue why you need windows. But if you do, i'd throw KuJoe a PM and ask about cloud hosting. Likely that'd be the cheapest for you.
KuJoe would probably point him to http://www.gigenetcloud.com which wouldn't be cheaper(honestly cloud rarely is right now compared to a lot of unmanaged vps hosts). But, they no longer are giving out windows licenses for free($10 a month).
Haha I was expecting someone to mention Linux. I'm happy to do linux but the server is for 2 of my friends mainly, and I've just been tasked with finding a vps. My friends have decent tech capabilities but Linux would be too hard for them to learn to use, and I don't want to be managing everything 24/7. Windows is mainly to make my friends lives easier, and also mine in the initial setup of the mc server. :p
Pages: 1 2