MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need members and staff & tips/suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone i just started my forums also they are blank. That why i need users and staff also promotion. I also need mybb plugin creator.

Users
I have no skill for catching users and creating sites as i am only a Linux server manager and supporter. I have good skills for making server and managing but not with building sites and forums that' why i requested to give your suggestion and request users if anybody is interested in my site.

Staff
Yes we have no any member and post but i need and from staff i expecting to catch some users if they are interested. I will soon start offer section where users redeem their points and get offers and of course the offers are not silly offers and staff will 1000 points every week or month (not decided yet)

Mybb plugin creator

I am also gonna start plugin service but needs a creator and for the creator he will set his own price for them whether they are life time or month and he will get 90% of sales and again i knew i have no any members and post but again i am taking staff position in advance .

Again please give me suggestions to catch members in forums.

I am Also interested in post exchange. Please reply here if you are interested
No any ?
Make the content yourself Smile setup a few accounts for yourself and start posting Smile it's cheaper Wink
It's really not the best idea to hire staff because you're expecting users. Just hire them when they're needed. Also, to get members follow Tom's advice. As well as telling your friends, so they can join and post. Then they can tell their friends, and such.
(2011-05-06, 04:43 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Make the content yourself Smile setup a few accounts for yourself and start posting Smile it's cheaper Wink

(2011-05-06, 05:05 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]It's really not the best idea to hire staff because you're expecting users. Just hire them when they're needed. Also, to get members follow Tom's advice. As well as telling your friends, so they can join and post. Then they can tell their friends, and such.
Thanks to both .
Users
I have no skill for catching users and creating sites as i am only a Linux server manager and supporter. I have good skills for making server and managing but not with building sites and forums that' why i requested to give your suggestion and request users if anybody is interested in my site.

I am not an expert but from my point of view, here is what I think: Make your forum unique & by that, I mean add extra features which no other forum offers. Add a section where users can do whatever they want when they are bored. Also, add a feedback section and take everyone's opinion seriously and in consideration.

Staff
Yes we have no any member and post but i need and from staff i expecting to catch some users if they are interested. I will soon start offer section where users redeem their points and get offers and of course the offers are not silly offers and staff will 1000 points every week or month (not decided yet)

For staff, you have to make them feel special and offer them some extra features and things that other users don't have and that should get you started. Make there job fun and serious at the same time.

In conclusion, add sections that can attract users like for programmers, gamers, music players, testers, and spammers etc...

In simple words, the more features, the better Smile

Hope that helps you Smile
After reading the original post here, I'm really wondering why it is you're even trying to create a forum!!
(2011-05-07, 10:21 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]After reading the original post here, I'm really wondering why it is you're even trying to create a forum!!
Because i like to create my site and also what you are asking as i asking tips for a successful forum and you are asking me why I'm creating ????
  • Get a better theme.
  • Ditch the animated logo.
  • Advertise
  • Register accounts and have a chat with yourself
  • PUT POWERED BY MYBB BACK IN THE FOOTER
(2011-05-09, 12:13 AM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Get a better theme.
  • Ditch the animated logo.
  • Advertise
  • Register accounts and have a chat with yourself
  • PUT POWERED BY MYBB BACK IN THE FOOTER

Sorry about that as my another admin make some changes and remove this line. I am really sorry and thanks to you for informing me. I putting it right now.