MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Self Thread Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've seen this on mods site that we are not allowed to rate our own submissions. But here on community forums, we can rate our own threads in Release forums. So if its denied at mods site, what's the point on allowing here ?

Thanks for reading.
Because MyBB's thread rating system allows you to rate your own threads.
Thanks for the comment.

I understand the point over here. But on mods site why it is denying ?
Why should you rate your own plugins anyway? Doesn't make it fair at all if the author of the plugin is trying to force people to use their plugins and no-one else's by rating them 5 stars. Wink
(2011-05-05, 03:18 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen this on mods site that we are not allowed to rate our own submissions. But here on community forums, we can rate our own threads in Release forums. So if its denied at mods site, what's the point on allowing here ?

Thanks for reading.

I understand what you're saying. Maybe more of feature suggestion though as I think it makes sense Big Grin.
(2011-05-05, 03:58 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't make it fair at all if the author of the plugin is trying to force people to use their plugins and no-one else's by rating them 5 stars. Wink

I'm not saying no one else should be able to Rate other's threads. But if we are not allowed to rate on mods submitted thingies, then it should be denied on here too. An small code edit on denying Release forum's threads should suffice.
Not everyone looks at the Mods Site Toungue
Plus, the Search Feature on the Mods Site isn't very good and doesn't find the thing you need very well.

Also, you don't get notified of any new additions to the Mods Site, whereas if someone is subscribed to receive email notifications when a new thread is made on the Plugin Release forum, they'd notice it faster.
(2011-05-05, 04:19 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone looks at the Mods Site Toungue
Plus, the Search Feature on the Mods Site isn't very good and doesn't find the thing you need very well.

Also, you don't get notified of any new additions to the Mods Site, whereas if someone is subscribed to receive email notifications when a new thread is made on the Plugin Release forum, they'd notice it faster.

You are getting astray on the point of this thread. I'm not talking about thread subscriptions nor I'm discussing about search features. Just a suggestion that we should either allowed to rate our own submitted thingies, OR either denied on rating our released threads.
I don't think you should be able to rate your own mods, and I don't think mybb should allow a thread author to rate their own thread Confused
(2011-05-05, 05:10 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should be able to rate your own mods, and I don't think mybb should allow a thread author to rate their own thread Confused

And I think the decision whether therad authors can rate their threads or not should not be coded into the forum software but be left a config option for the admin.
Pages: 1 2 3