MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on startup? .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi just wondering if any of you could help. When i click on my url i now get a error message and sometimes it just loads normally or says server is to busy try again in a few seconds. I am running the the newest version of MYBB , and have not made any changes to my forum , but i noticed this all started last night .I am using a free web host , Hostei . com , and am thinking it is on there end. I submitted a ticket to get support from them , but thought i would run it by you folks to see if maybe you have encountered the same problem you never know . But i also do get a MYBB Error sometimes and that too just started last night which reads

[Image: Untitled.png]

Some kind of sintax error any ideas?. Thanks in advance . Here is my http://canadianwildfeeds.prairiewind.hos.../index.php , sometimes it loads and works fine , but sometimes its even hard to make a single post , kinda wierd .
All links are working fine here.

Are you using any plugns ? Can you list all Installed plugin ?
(2011-05-05, 04:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]All links are working fine here.

Are you using any plugns ? Can you list all Installed plugin ?

Hi Yaldaram thansk for the reply . I have a few plugins installed here is a list :

No Copy (1.0)
Header Announcements (1.0)
MyMood
Stop forum spam (1.0)
Thank You/Like System (1.2)

Do you think it is a plug-in that is causing this? It took me 15 min just to get into admin . Kept getting the above error, seems to be getting worse . 000Webhost got back to me this is what they say:

Hello,

If you see error message 'MySQL server has gone away', it might be that your script is not optimized and makes too many connections to the database (or your website is very active, has many users online at the same time).
You may also get his error if your script executes heavy/slow MySQL queries.

First of whole you should check if your database is well optimized and has indexes where needed. You should contact the script developers and ask assistance.

So no real help on their end any way.
Disable "Header Announcements" plugin.
(2011-05-05, 05:13 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Disable "Header Announcements" plugin.

Thanks Yaldaram i think that did the trick . Too bad though i liked that plugin found it very useful , but i am just happy things are working again . Do you know of a plugin that could work perty much the same as the Header Announcements ? . But maybe i should,nt mess with it now that it workin better.
(2011-05-05, 05:35 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/message-bar
Great I'll give that a try , thanks again i'll quit buggin ya , have a great day.Wink

Lubrack

Most welcome.