MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: InTrust Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, saw a thread in the plugins section about pro-portal, and how the site isn't available. I already knew this because I tried to backorder it a few months back

So I just looked into who owns it. Turns out it's "InTrust Domains", and from what I know and have read they are notorious for scamming.

So as a little test I went to their site to see how much they were selling the domain for. However, they are listing it as "domain registered, backorder now for only $59.99"

Erm... They OWN the domain, why are they offering a backorder on it? This is already looking fishy, so I've emailed them to see what price they offer for it Toungue

Also, they seem to have sniped the domain, seeing as it was registered at midnight on the day after it expired (within the first 29.99999 seconds). Whichin itself is pretty annoying as I was just going to host a pro portal download on it for everyone Confused
Name.com does backorders to, what it means is that as soon as the domain becomes available they will automatically order it for you and it will be yours.
Yeah, I know what a backnorder is, but InTrust domains are the actual owners according to the WhoIs info, yet they are offering to backorder it for you - from themselves XD
It's things like this that just ruin the whole domain set up. And, it sometimes makes me wish they went with the original plan where most people like us would have been on sub-domains Toungue.