MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add user to everybody's ignore list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a SQL command to add a user to everybody's ignore list?
Run this;
UPDATE mybb_users SET ignorelist = X
Where X is the userID you want to make him ignore.
(2011-05-06, 05:48 AM)monacelli Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a SQL command to add a user to everybody's ignore list?

Why not just banning that user then?
(2011-05-06, 07:12 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Run this;
UPDATE mybb_users SET ignorelist = X
Where X is the userID you want to make him ignore.

Caution: this will overwrite all existing ignorelists with just that one user.
(2011-05-06, 07:12 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Caution: this will overwrite all existing ignorelists with just that one user.

That's what OP asking for.
(2011-05-06, 07:18 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-06, 07:12 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Caution: this will overwrite all existing ignorelists with just that one user.

That's what OP asking for.

He asked "to add" and not replace everything with that one user. If his users are using the ignore list, their ignores will be whipped out and just that one user will be in there.
(2011-05-06, 07:12 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just banning that user then?

The user in question is just annoying and hasn't reached the point of being banned yet. I figured adding him to everyone's ignore list would be pretty cool because it's a step we could take before banning and also introduce users to the ignore list since it gets overlooked.

And yeah, I don't want to clear everyone's ignore list.. I want to add him to their existing ignore list. I know it's an odd thing to ask about since like you guys said, I could just ban the kid.
What you also could do is put him in a usergroup for which the posts need to be moderated. That way you and your moderators have control over what he posts. Annoying posts can stay unapproved.
Honestly, if a user is so annoying you want to put him on everyone's ignore list, just ban him. This is just passive aggressive and kind of lame ...