MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users vanished from database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi everybody
i have a problem which really concerned me.... the problem started a few month ago when i noticed that i lose some of my forum users everyday, think that u have 800 users by noon but u have 750 by night! for 5 or 6 times i thought maybe am wrong and i just didn't remember the number. until today that i saw this happened again, i had over 896 users and now they are just 887 or something around that :-s so i got really concerned, i checked user records from my db in PHPmyAdmin and i saw that the last user record gives me the number 1065! which means i have lost around 250 users until today ....
i have no idea what's goin' on here and what makes my users vanish through thin air!
the other odd thing which keeps happening is about the times that a user has been thanked for their post, for example i remember myself having over 200 thanks, while now i have hardly 100! i am sure that nobody deleted their thanks, but i think this is somehow connected to user count and the users records which are vanished from database.
i really appreciate any kind of direction on this and hope that my problem will be solved soon enough by ur help Smile
thanks in advance
M.A Angel
Hmm, that there are disappearing users could be explained by User Pruning. Disable the User Pruning Task for while and see if it still happens.
Although it's weird that your thanks also are disappearing. And that's the only thing that's disappearing? Users and thanks? No post or threads? It could also be that your host puts a backup back every night or something for all or some tables.
Thanks count might be changing because the GUY X who gave GUY Y a thanks was deleted in user pruning, so there might be flicker in thanks count this way.
(2011-05-06, 07:40 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks count might be changing because the GUY X who gave GUY Y a thanks was deleted in user pruning, so there might be flicker in thanks count this way.

Yes, you are right. The Thank you/Like plugin does delete thanks given by and to deleted users.
thanks guys for ur fast reply.
actually i heard nothing about user Pruning and i have no idea how to disable it, so please tell me how.

(2011-05-06, 06:51 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Although it's weird that your thanks also are disappearing. And that's the only thing that's disappearing? Users and thanks? No post or threads? It could also be that your host puts a backup back every night or something for all or some tables.

i own the server and i am sure there is no problem with it, because i have multiple sites on that server and this kind of things only happens for my forum.
Then make sure no one has database access or ask to your host about whom is mumbling with the database.
(2011-05-06, 12:12 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Then make sure no one has database access or ask to your host about whom is mumbling with the database.

the problem can't be caused from database, i am the only person who has access to data base.
server is very safe, every kind of problem should be tracked inside the forum script itself, i guess Wink
Some of your plugins or anything, changes,etc might be conflicting, though such a bug I highly doubt can arise, we don't have any problems, so that might be some conflicts.
(2011-05-06, 01:31 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Some of your plugins or anything, changes,etc might be conflicting, though such a bug I highly doubt can arise, we don't have any problems, so that might be some conflicts.

if there will be any problems with my plugins how can i tell which one is causing this problem? does it mean that i have to deactivate them and then activate them one by one to see which one is the problem maker?! :-s because this way it seems to take more than a month! cuz as i told before, this happens once in a while ....
(2011-05-06, 12:11 PM)Greadia.com Wrote: [ -> ]thanks guys for ur fast reply.
actually i heard nothing about user Pruning and i have no idea how to disable it, so please tell me how.

In AdminCP > Settings > User Pruning Settings, you can disable it or change the settings. Or you can go to AdminCP > Tools & Maintenance > Tasks, click the Options-button of the User Pruning task and click Disable to disable the task completely.
Pages: 1 2