MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edgley Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Site URL
https://www.edgley.org

Description
The goal has always been a place for the slightly geeky inclined to have a place to get together and talk about slightly geeky things. I guess it's a general forum with a technology sway.

Currently the forum is only a few weeks old, but already we have several active users looking for an excuse to talk about computers, cars and games.

At Edgley Forums we pride ourselves as valuing a high level of privacy to the user base, with almost all user information being optional (excluding DOB which can be hidden), a tightly nit admin team who all value privacy and we now always use a dedicated IP with an SSL certificate.

We also pride ourselves on user liberties, doing our best to reduce bureaucratic rules and regulations that the users have to endure and put the responsibility into the users hands. Of course we all need a little direction, and so we try to steer our users towards an accepting community that is available to all (as many as applicable of course) races, creeds, genders, sexualities and disabilities.

More forums will open up as the need is required. And there are forums currently available only to the more established members for more private talk.

Also, I will do my best to take any and all criticism into account.
Get a new logo, it is doing well for a new forum. But only 3 forums in total? Maybe make a few more. Good luck.
Curious, why do you need to be on a Secure HTTP protocol? - Saw that your on a dedicated IP with SSL, IMO it's not necessary to do that for a forum, but that's your choice.

Don't like the logo, so you need to change that
Why does he have to change it just because you don't like it? I think the logo is quite charming. Very retro.
I agree, the logo isn't bad at all. I think it fits the forum's niche perfectly.

You should definitely make some more modifications to the theme though, it gives things a more unique look!
(2011-05-06, 02:54 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Saw that your on a dedicated IP with SSL, IMO it's not necessary to do that for a forum, but that's your choice.

You're right, it isn't required, but I like to think that privacy is a priority. While forums are themselves not likely to be targeted for a serious attack, many people use the same email and password for all accounts (like eBay) and I just want to make sure that they don't get things stolen via my site.

(2011-05-06, 03:18 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You should definitely make some more modifications to the theme though, it gives things a more unique look!

What sort of modifications do you suggest? I was aiming for a simplistic and retro style in some ways homage to the Minecraft style, but some opinions on this would be great!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, as it stands on a draw between those that like the logo and those that don't I will leave it as is.