MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good free chat rooms on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-05-06, 04:23 PM)hoppimike Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-06, 04:16 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Never had a problem with AJAX Chat, other than the Chrome error, and my own modifications to it buggering it up Blush But if you can afford CometChat, by all means, go for it! Smile
And faviouz, your URL is broken Toungue I agree that is a good chat room.

Hm.. I mean there is a chance that we in fact introduced bugs into it through a lot of accumulated messing around (the site has been up a long while now, and the chat code has been moved from place to place and copied and changed. Maybe we have been accidentally letting mistakes and bugs slip in). I should try reinstalling perhaps. One of my sites is fairly busy though - have you had a high number of people using the room at once?

I had at most 6 people in it at once, didn't have a problem though.
I don't use it any more, a new staff member of mine convinced me that it ruined the forum somehow Wink
(2011-05-06, 04:47 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]I always use the PJIRC plugin from Michael. (Made for 1.4, but works on 1.6).

Maybe this can be moved to the plugins section. ;-)

Well.. I felt it was quite an important MyBB topic in general, which is why I started it here! Good to have a chat about it I think!

(2011-05-06, 04:49 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I had at most 6 people in it at once, didn't have a problem though.
I don't use it any more, a new staff member of mine convinced me that it ruined the forum somehow Wink

A chat room can ruin a forum? lol Smile
(2011-05-06, 04:56 PM)hoppimike Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-06, 04:49 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]I had at most 6 people in it at once, didn't have a problem though.

A chat room can ruin a forum? lol Smile

Well, it can take away from content generation. I think that's the reason behind why he asked for it to be removed.
ah right ok.

Well.. we've done a fresh AJAX Chat install! If this doesn't work, we'll move over to Flash Chat I think Smile

I'm crossing my fingers though, as I'm really quite attached to this chat room now! lol
I think MyShoutbox is the best. The only time I ever had issues was when I had a really bad host, but now it works perfectly.
(2011-05-06, 11:17 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-63559.html

Hands down the best chatbox

wow that IS good!

I'll have to have a think about all these and work out what to do!

AJAX chat brought my site down again lol... we're wondering now if it's the server. Could be...

But yeah.. I'll have to think about this!
Don't know if this is still relevant, but I have ajax chat completly integrated with myBB you can have a look at www.common-chat.co.uk

Regards

Patrick Smit
One question do you think that heaving a chat brings more users?
Pages: 1 2