MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best PayPal alternatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Dear Sukanjan Karmakar,

As part of our commitment to provide a high level of customer service, we would like to give you a 30-day advance notice on changes to our user agreement for India.

With effect from 1 March 2011, you are required to comply with the requirements set out in the notification of the Reserve Bank of India governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways ("RBI Guidelines").

In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, our user agreement in India will be amended for the following services as follows:
1) Any balance in and all future payments into your PayPal account may not be used to buy goods or services and must be transferred to your bank account in India within 7 days from the receipt of confirmation from the buyer in respect of the goods or services; and

2) Export-related payments for goods and services into your PayPal account may not exceed US$500 per transaction.
We seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner.

We regret any inconvenience caused to you and hope the advance notice will enable you to plan your future use of our services accordingly. For further information, click here.

If you have any questions, please contact PayPal customer support by logging into your PayPal account and clicking on ‘contact us’ at the bottom of the page. We sincerely thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Team

Due to these new policies from PayPal, most of the Indian users looking for alternatives. I have always used PayPal since the beginning and I don't have any idea about other money transfer sites. But I have no other choice to leave PayPal. So what are the best alternatives of PayPal?
I don't think that sounds legitimate. For a start, if it really was Paypal they'd address you as Dear <your name here>, not like this:
Dear Wisden Writers
I copied it from digitalpoint, I think I deleted my copy of this email. Smile
Is there any hyper links in that email?
It seems legitimate, and I suggest alertpay and moneybookers.
(2011-05-06, 08:11 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that sounds legitimate. For a start, if it really was Paypal they'd address you as Dear <your name here>, not like this:
Dear Wisden Writers

Unless that is your real name?

It's a business paypal account that will be his business name I get "Dear Dev-Network Group".

@OP, so paypal are stopping payments to/from India?
(2011-05-06, 08:15 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]It's a business paypal account that will be his business name I get "Dear Dev-Network Group".

Nope, he copy/pasted from DP and didn't insert his own name in XD
Btw a quick google turns up LOTS of results. It seems legitimate, or an extremely complex hoax
Now I edited the email, its not fake email, this PayPal problem discussion is all over DP.
From reading the official Paypal webpage on it, it sounds legit, but it's rather old news, this is 6th May Toungue
It is not requesting that the recipient send any bank details or fill any form, or download an attachment.
If 'click here' leads to paypal, then it's legitimate. Everything else about it is.
Pages: 1 2 3