MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xbox 360 DVD-Rom Drive Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last summer, I bricked my hitachi DVD-Rom Drive well trying to install custom firmware on my xbox 360, so I just have a 360 lying here and I have a burning desire to fix it and have a second xbox Toungue So if I buy this: http://www.divineo.com/magento/dvd-rom-d...l-new.html which is the same model and make of the bricked DVD-Rom Drive will it come with the right firmware? Will I have to do anything besides connect it to the xbox? Thanks.
You lost me at "DVD-Rom drive" and "OS".
Sorry, not the OS. Let me explain what I meant, In order to make rips of your games to your xbox's harddrive you have to connect your dvd-drive drive to your computer via sata and flash it with custom firmware, I messed it up because I was using sata to usb instead of sata to sata. I need to know if the drive they have for sale will function like a normal xbox dvd-drive with preinstalled firmware. This may or may-not be a stupid question, I have no idea.
As far as I know you cannot get a replacement drive fro any Xbox 360. I flashed my drive last summer and from what I remember the drive has a unique key that matches that of the motherboard. If the two keys don't match your console is banned.
Steven i know thats wrong. I helped my uncle do it once. I don't know if he changed the ID or whatever.
(2011-05-07, 08:08 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know you cannot get a replacement drive fro any Xbox 360. I flashed my drive last summer and from what I remember the drive has a unique key that matches that of the motherboard. If the two keys don't match your console is banned.

That makes no sense because you can take one hard drive and put it on another x-box(which is great for bringing games/saves to a friends house).
http://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+360+...p%3A1&aq=f
HDD =/= DVD drive

idk though, I've never modded my xbox.
Youtube it, its possible.
(2011-05-08, 12:49 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]HDD =/= DVD drive

idk though, I've never modded my xbox.

pff, I'm sorry just woke up when I posted that Toungue.