MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I cannot do anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed mybb, created the admin account, etc. When I login to the admin control panel, I cannot make any changes, it reverts back. When I try to login on the main page of the forum, it says logging in, then leaves me as a guest. A few users have tried to register and have had the exact same problem as I. How can I fix this, I want to get my forum going for my minecraft server asap.
(2011-05-07, 03:09 AM)allisgood888 Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed mybb, created the admin account, etc. When I login to the admin control panel, I cannot make any changes, it reverts back. When I try to login on the main page of the forum, it says logging in, then leaves me as a guest. A few users have tried to register and have had the exact same problem as I. How can I fix this, I want to get my forum going for my minecraft server asap.

Have all of the files the right CHMOD settings?

ACP>>Tools & Maintenance>>CHMOD Files and Directories(bottom) those files should be writable.

Any that is not needs to be done by FTP.

If something else sure someone else with more knowledge will be able to soon advise .

(2011-05-07, 04:02 AM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-07, 03:09 AM)allisgood888 Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed mybb, created the admin account, etc. When I login to the admin control panel, I cannot make any changes, it reverts back. When I try to login on the main page of the forum, it says logging in, then leaves me as a guest. A few users have tried to register and have had the exact same problem as I. How can I fix this, I want to get my forum going for my minecraft server asap.

Have all of the files the right CHMOD settings?

ACP>>Tools & Maintenance>>CHMOD Files and Directories(bottom) those files should be writable.

Any that is not needs to be done by FTP.

If something else sure someone else with more knowledge will be able to soon advise .
All the files there are writable.

I think it might have something to do with cookies.
its a cookie problem.

These should be settings:

cookie domain: .yourdomain.com

If you have forum in link like this like yourdomain.com/forum

then your cookie path should be: /forum/ if plain, just a /

And your cookie prefix should be blank (leave blank).

And CHMOD, inc/ settings.php and config.php to 666.

Plus if you are getting kicked out from ACP, change cookie values from inc/settings.php and then login ACP and change values of cookie from there too in General Configuration Settings.
This is a cookie issue. Please ensure your cookie settings are correct. If they are not, correct them in settings.php (by editing the file and re-uploading it to your site), and then immediately in the ACP edit it as well. You must do it in this order, since the edit to settings.php will allow you to stay logged in long enough to edit the setting in the ACP, which corrects the issue in the database.