MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make Linear Mode for Thread to All Users By Default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Showthread Templates > showthread > find the following and remove;
<a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->threaded}</a> | 

This'll remove the link from Showthread Pages.

Now go to: ACP > Templates > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > find the following and remove;
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->thread_mode}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><select name="threadmode"><option value="">{$lang->use_default}</option><option value="linear" {$threadview['linear']}>{$lang->linear}</option><option value="threaded" {$threadview['threaded']}>{$lang->threaded}</option></select></td>
</tr>

Now to make all Users with Linear Mode, Run the following query in phpmyadmin;
UPDATE mybb_users SET threadmode = 'linear'

In this way, your all users have Linear Mode by default and now they are not able to Change it Wink
I cant get this worked in www.5starnotes.com Help pls...

Solved:
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Show Thread Options
Select No from Usenet Style Thread View
(2011-05-07, 05:23 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ACP > Templates > Showthread Templates > showthread > find the following and remove;
<a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->threaded}</a> | 

This'll remove the link from Showthread Pages.

Now go to: ACP > Templates > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > find the following and remove;
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->thread_mode}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><select name="threadmode"><option value="">{$lang->use_default}</option><option value="linear" {$threadview['linear']}>{$lang->linear}</option><option value="threaded" {$threadview['threaded']}>{$lang->threaded}</option></select></td>
</tr>

Now to make all Users with Linear Mode, Run the following query in phpmyadmin;
UPDATE mybb_users SET threadmode = 'linear'

In this way, your all users have Linear Mode by default and now they are not able to Change it Wink

i run phpmyadmin but i cant find this lineĀ UPDATE mybb_users SET threadmode = 'linear'
Great one. That was very helpful Thank you