MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete post redirects to Edit post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,

I currently have a problem with my board as when I want to delete a post by a user by clicking the 'X' button under the post, it redirects to the edit post page where I have to tick the delete box and then save changes.

Is there anyway to change this back so it gets deleted instantly?

Thanks.
It's probably a Javascript error, maybe caused by a plugin.

Do you have Javascript enabled?
Try disabling all plugins and see if the problem still occurs.
If so, download a fresh MyBB zip package and upload the complete jscript folder to your server again, overwriting the existing files.
Yes, sounds like a javascript error; the image links to the editpost page in case the javascript fails, so you can still delete the post, but it should show a popup and not actually follow the link. Thus, if it's following the link and not showing a popup, something has stopped the javascript running.
Thanks for your replies, however I've tried all the steps above and it's still redirecting to the edit page.
Can you give us your url and a testing account with the permission to delete their own threads.
I've just spoke to a member of my forum, and apparently the problem only occurs in IE 9.
Did you already upgrade to MyBB 1.6.3? Prior versions have problems with JS in IE9.
Yeah, the forum is running the latest version of MyBB, 1.6.3
Download a fresh MyBB zip file from the download section of mybb.com and upload the complete jscript folder to your webserver, overwriting the existing jscript folder and see if the problem still occurs.

Otherwise:
(2011-05-08, 07:25 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us your url and a testing account with the permission to delete their own threads.

I have created the following account for testing;

http://www.lovingtech.net/

Username: MyBB-Test
Password: password1234
Pages: 1 2 3