MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove view counts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@Uncontrol: I asked myself that same question, the OP seems to have marked best answer on the post on the query to delete a DB Column.
uh I'm confused. I want to delete the Column that shows up next to the star ratings. Sorry I didn't make it clear
(2011-05-07, 10:59 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure there's an option to just turn off thread ratings in a specific forum.

Go to ACP->Forums and Posts->Hit the edit button on the forum you want. Under the miscellaneous options, uncheck the allow threads to be rated.

he said view counts. come on.

OP, you're going to have to go through every template that shows the viewcount and remove it manually. i am likely going to do the same soon but i don't have exact instructions for you now, sorry.
(2011-05-07, 10:57 PM)mxx Wrote: [ -> ]uh I'm confused. I want to delete the Column that shows up next to the star ratings. Sorry I didn't make it clear

You make all of us confused. Make a screenshot specifying of what column you want to remove.
You can goto your theme templates and can remove the columns you need manually from I guess showthread templates.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Forumdisplay Templates > forumdisplay_thread > and find the following and remove;
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">{$thread['views']}</td>

Now open "forumdisplay_threadlist" template, find the following and remove;
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>

Now open "forumdisplay_announcements_announcement" template, find the following and remove;
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}">-</td>

It should become this;
[attachment=22615]
(2011-05-08, 04:59 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ACP > Templates > Forumdisplay Templates > forumdisplay_thread > and find the following and remove;
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">{$thread['views']}</td>

Now open "forumdisplay_threadlist" template, find the following and remove;
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>

Now open "forumdisplay_announcements_announcement" template, find the following and remove;
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}">-</td>

It should become this;
We can remove the columns only entirely. Wink

Pages: 1 2