MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Thread Title Color v0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This plugin allows your Selective Usergroups to Use / Select a color to distinguish their Thread Subject/Titles from other Users.

Mechanism and Working:
- After activating this plugin, your Selective usergroups will receive a setting in their UserCP > Edit Options > Default Thread Title Color.
- They have to add the color for their Thread Titles in hex format. e.g. #FF0000 for Red color.
- Once they click on their [Update Options] button, the color will be saved in your forum's thread table in front of their UserID.
- Then color will be shown on thread listing area on forumdisplay.php pages.
- The setting of Default Thread Title Color is saved and will be displayed when those Selective usergroups go into their "Edit Options" page, from there they can edit the color again to make necessary changes.
- One of the best thing of this plugin is that it doesn't run any single sql query on forumdisplay pages Wink

Preview:
[attachment=22600] [attachment=22601] [attachment=22602]

Grab:
Mods Site Link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/default-thread-title-color
Mirror: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=796

Installation:
Upload the zip folder in your forum's root, Extract, Login to your Admin Control Panel > Plugin manager > Activate.

[Image: rep.gif]
nice plugin bro.
But anyway can i ask you something in connection with this plugin..

do you have a plugin where in for every thread being created.
The title thread becomes BOLD..

or if it is not possible.
How about for every new thread created , the user will see a different color which will distinguish from the old one thread.

and also when someone post on the old thread, the color also changes let say the legend like this:

new thread: title thread color is YELLOW
new post on the thread: title thread color is GREEN
old thread: title thread color is BLUE

or to make it simple bro:

new thread: title thread becomes BOLD
new post on the thread: title thread becomes BOLD
no post: normal thread

Cheers bro. Thanks.
(2011-05-17, 11:05 AM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]nice plugin bro.
But anyway can i ask you something in connection with this plugin..

do you have a plugin where in for every thread being created.
The title thread becomes BOLD..

or if it is not possible.
How about for every new thread created , the user will see a different color which will distinguish from the old one thread.

and also when someone post on the old thread, the color also changes let say the legend like this:

new thread: title thread color is YELLOW
new post on the thread: title thread color is GREEN
old thread: title thread color is BLUE

or to make it simple bro:

Cheers bro. Thanks.

That's not hard to do, but it was not requested so it is not included in this plugin. May be in next version or in another completely isolated plugin.

(2011-05-17, 11:05 AM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]new thread: title thread becomes BOLD
new post on the thread: title thread becomes BOLD
no post: normal thread

Cheers bro. Thanks.

Its already by default. When someone post a new thread, all other users will see those newly created thread with bold titles on search pages and threadlistings aswell.
Thanks a lot bro. i will wait for your next release. Thanks again.
Anyway you mentioned that its default that [b]"When someone post a new thread, all other users will see those newly created thread with bold titles on search pages and threadlistings aswell. "[b]
i guess in my case its not. probably this was on the theme im using or plugin. Do you know exactly where can i edit this? to make it appear bold again on newly created thread. Thanks.
Visit: http://community.mybb.com/search.php?action=getnew You'll see some posts with bold titles ? This is actually by default. If you don't have like this then you've something wrong in your templates.
It's not working,

It is activated in ACP, but Doesn't display Under UCP > Edit Options
Make sure that your usergroup ID is included in Allowed_Groups option field.
It is,

Foundes - GID (18)

That's whats there but wont display it?
[Image: Issues-1.jpg]
Separate with , and not with dot . Toungue
I fixed that but it still didnt do anything. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3