MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit Options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to remove this:
Receive emails from the Administrator (I want emails to go to all of the members)

And have these so members can't change it?
Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message.
Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message.
Receive private messages from other users.
I don't believe you can do this. And anyways it should be their choice imo.

I will look some more and reply if I figure it out.
You mean to enable all these options to Users and deny them to edit those options again ?

Go to: ACP > Templates > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > and find the following;
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->messaging_notification}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->allow_emails}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="receivepms">{$lang->receive_pms}</label></span></td>
</tr>
{$pms_from_buddys}
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotice">{$lang->pm_notice}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>
</tr>

and Change it to;
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->messaging_notification}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" disabled="disabled" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->allow_emails}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" disabled="disabled" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="receivepms">{$lang->receive_pms}</label></span></td>
</tr>
{$pms_from_buddys}
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" disabled="disabled" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotice">{$lang->pm_notice}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" disabled="disabled" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>
</tr>

It'll become like this;
[attachment=22603]

Now all users will have all these options Checked and they can't edit them again Wink
Thanks so much Yaldaram

is there anyway I can fix the members who unchecked these options
You've to run the following queries;
UPDATE mybb_users SET `allownotices` = '1';
UPDATE mybb_users SET `hideemail` = '1';
UPDATE mybb_users SET `receivepms` = '1';
UPDATE mybb_users SET `pmnotice` = '1';
UPDATE mybb_users SET `pmnotify` = '1';

Its tested and confirmed. Please make a backup of mybb_users table before running these queries. Smile