MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I put a 'REPLY' button inside posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've changed the 'REPLY' button inside my posts to say 'QUOTE' as it was confusing my users. I'd like to put a 'REPLY' button on there now, so that my users can click it from inside the post without having to go to the top of the page, I can then remove the 'Quick Reply' box and everyone will be happy...
Can anyone advise me?
Won't the postbit quote button work ok?
The postbit quote button, which for some reason is marked as 'REPLY', quotes the post in the reply, so I've altered mine to say 'QUOTE'. What I need to do is drop the necessary bit of code in the place that it needs to be and change the 'Multiquote' button to 'REPLY' so that when my users click on it, they get the full editor with no quote embedded.

Hope that makes sense Big Grin
So I'm also a little confused. You want the multiquote gone and have it replaced with anotehr reply button?
This is my forum :

www.n-u-t-z.net/forum

I've removed the 'REPLY' button from posts as it was confusing my members as it quotes the post. I edited the button so it now says 'QUOTE'.
I have some of my members complaining that their sig doesn't show if they use the 'Quick Reply' editor, so I want to copy the function for the 'New Reply' button into the post template, and then attach it to a 'REPLY' button. There will only be one 'REPLY' button in the posts and when they click it, it will open the full editor.

I don't see the point in having a 'QUOTE' button and a 'Multiquote' button.
Oh ok. I will try and figure this out in a little bit. And you just have to click on the check for the Quick Reply for it to include your signature.
(2011-05-07, 08:58 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok. I will try and figure this out in a little bit. And you just have to click on the check for the Quick Reply for it to include your signature.

Thanks buddy, I really appreciate your help Big Grin
Done it. It wasn't the tidiest way but it's done the job..

I copied the code from the 'showthread_newreply' template, pasted it into the 'postbit_multiquote' template, changed the image and job done!!