MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Infractions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way I can use the Warning system to keep track of what people have done wrong without raising there warning level? And also make it so only staff and the person with the warning, can see the warnings? Like VB's infraction system. I know there is a obvious answer but it's 1am so I am little tired. Toungue
I guess this would need a plugin.
No... I don't think a plugin is necessary.

You can set specific warnings to 0 points, rather than 1 or more, so it doesn't raise their warning level.

And I thought by default, only the user & staff can see the warning levels anyway, this should be changeable in the group settings.

EDIT:

I found no settings on allowing users to view everyone's warnings, only an option in the General Settings that would disable users from viewing their own warnings.

I'm sure it's suppose to work in the way where users can only see their own warnings, and staff can see all.
(2011-05-08, 05:53 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]No... I don't think a plugin is necessary.

You can set specific warnings to 0 points, rather than 1 or more, so it doesn't raise their warning level.

And I thought by default, only the user & staff can see the warning levels anyway, this should be changeable in the group settings.
This would need a plugin:

(2011-05-08, 04:59 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way I can use the Warning system to keep track of what people have done wrong without raising there warning level?

(2011-05-08, 05:57 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]This would need a plugin:

(2011-05-08, 04:59 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way I can use the Warning system to keep track of what people have done wrong without raising there warning level?

Not really, whether the Warning has expired or not, it would remain in the user's profiles.

Need to see everything they did wrong? Check their profiles.

I'm unsure what other "Tracking" system there is, as far as I know, it's the same thing with vBulletin.
As far as i knew all this was default in the warning system
Only staff and members can see their own warning level do you see anyones warnings on this board as a regular member i know i don't
You can set up certain warning types to give no points so as not to raise the warning level via
Acp>configuration>warning system
and you can view all warnings by going to
Acp>tools and matainance>warning logs.
A user is only able to view the latest 5 warnings they received if they have a warning level I believe. You could alter the query it runs to get rid of the limit so it would show all warnings they received if they have a warning level.