MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text-shadow going wierd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, on my website I use the css text-shadow. It is wierd because some text has the shadow, and is really clear, but some is very blurry and I cannot understand why.

My site is www.cgamer.co.uk - Some blurred text I have managed to get rid of simple by removing it because I no longer needed it, however I can still see my footer text.

You will see the "Powered By MyBB .. ______ " and above it iv just made up some random disclaimer which you can see is very blurred compared to the Mybb text. I expect it is something really simple causing this which I have completely missed or not tried to fix this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas 0.o?

Rob.
(2011-05-08, 12:59 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Opera's Turbo Boost feature? It can cause this to happen with images.

Ahh yeah I forgot to mention in my post I use google chrome, and occasionally firefox.

No I am not using operas turbo boost.

It wierd because some text can be find, and then you come across a random piece of text that will have this horrible blur to it, even if its using the same styling as some text which is exactly the same, but is not blurred ;(

Heh Shukaku post was deleted ;o
Just noticed it myself, so I trashed my post Toungue

Try commenting out the text-shadow CSS wherever you added it and see if it goes away. You've probably added it to the wrong class/id 's.
(2011-05-08, 01:05 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed it myself, so I trashed my post Toungue

Try commenting out the text-shadow CSS wherever you added it and see if it goes away. You've probably added it to the wrong class/id 's.

Did you see it in my footer area? that is using the Thead class with text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;

I just completely removed it, and the blur from the disclaimer I added was no longer there, but when I add it again, Just the disclaimer is blurry, yet the Mybb line is fine, and its in the same style classes which is wierd.

Maybe my disclaimer is cursed Sad
I don't honestly know why the Disclaimer is blurring but not the MyBB Copyright (I think they are separate classes or id's [I can never remember which is which XD]). Someone who knows more about themes and CSS will likely be able to assist. Smile
(2011-05-08, 01:18 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I don't honestly know why the Disclaimer is blurring but not the MyBB Copyright (I think they are separate classes or id's [I can never remember which is which XD]). Someone who knows more about themes and CSS will likely be able to assist. Smile

Ok thanks for your replies anyway Toungue I just found some more blurryness! its everywhere! XD
Odd, it looks perfectly fine on mobile safari Smile
I just checked on Chrome and can see the blurriness. I checked your source and the copyright and disclaimer should look the same, yet the don't. How odd.
I don't see any blurriness, and I'm using Chrome. Can someone take a picture?
Just checked again and it's fixed for me in Chrome now too. It was blurry before for sure though.
Isn't blurry for me anymore either. Weird.
Pages: 1 2